Welcome, students! The OSPA process is a wonderful opportunity to engage with scientists, discuss your work, and be provided with feedback regarding your presentation skills. Students can sign in at the right to confirm their participation.
Students must confirm their participation by 31 October at 11:59 pm ET. Students who do not confirm their participation by the deadline will not be included in the OSPA program. If you do not wish to participate or cannot agree to the Honor Code, you do not need to contact AGU; simply do not confirm. Feedback and winners will be announced by late January 2020.
How To Confirm:
- Click on “My Presentation.”
- You will see your abstract title(s) eligible for OSPA participation. Click on “Confirm Presentation.”
- Fill out the confirmation form.
- For poster presentations only, you must indicate a time slot during your assigned session in which judges will come by your poster to evaluate your presentation. You must be there for at least two consecutive hours. For example, if you have an a.m. poster session, you must indicate a two-hour time block between 8:00 a.m. and 12:20 p.m.
- Click “Submit.”
- Please note, if you recently received notification regarding an updated poster number, we will be making changes after the OSPA confirmation deadline.
The purpose of this Honor Code is to establish rules and procedures of the American Geophysical Union governing student conduct with respect to the integrity of the Outstanding Student Presentation Award program. Students agree to the following:
- I am the first author of their presentation.
- I am a current student pursuing a high school, undergraduate, Master’s or PhD degree. Postdoctoral researchers may not participate.
- I do not know and am not acquainted with my judges in any capacity and have not solicited personal nor professional contacts to serve as my judges.